Gmail is one of the most popular email platforms in the world, with over 1.8 billion users. Part of Google's ad-network, it's also possible for savvy advertisers to display targeted, interactive ads at the top of a user's inbox in the promotions tab.
If a user is interested, they have the ability to expand the ad to learn more or take some other valuable action such as visit the advertiser's website.
Using advanced targeting options such as keywords, life events (eg. recently married) and affinity/demographic data, advertisers can display their ads to highly targeted audiences
These ads are automatically mobile-friendly and have advanced reporting so you can monitor performance just like with your search ads.
How to create a Gmail campaign
- Sign in to your Google Ads account.
- Click Campaigns in the page menu.
- Click the plus button , then select New Campaign.
- Select one of the following goals: Sales, Leads or Website traffic. Or, choose not to use a goal. If this step doesn’t reflect what you’re seeing in your account, select a campaign type first then select a goal. Learn more about goals in the new Google Ads experience.
- Select the Display campaign type.
- Select Gmail campaign, then finish creating your campaign.